I forgot to do my post lock-in post. So, here it is, in bullet form.
- Sydney was there! I haven’t seen her in literally months!!
- Trici and I made brownies- and were successful!
- Trici and i watched most of a Very Potter Sequel before the lock in, and it was super funny.
- Played the depressing game. Cried a lot, at the same parts i always do: suicide, living with people not your parents, etc. Got really annoyed with all the people telling me how lucky I am to not have lost a loved one. The rules weren’t to stand up if it was a true statement, they were to stand up if you felt the statement applied to you. And you didn’t have to stand up if you weren’t comfortable. Well, guess what? I wasn’t frickin’ comfortable. I didn’t lose someone in the traditional sense, they left me 100% voluntarily. And maybe, just maybe, I wasn’t okay with telling 30 strangers that little fact. Afterwards was really helpful, though. Just a half hour of sobbing in the bathroom, followed by another ten minutes or so of talking to my mom. Not literally, of course, just saying the things I’d like to say to her, you know? Remembering. It was really tough, since it was only a few days ago, nine years ago, that she left.
- had to wait outside with Gremel for two hours waiting for my aunt. Felt SO bad!
- Marines use buddy system to address suicides (knoxnews.com)
- What Doesn’t Kill Us Makes Us Stronger (socyberty.com)